May 17, 2011

Make Me that Kid Once Again......




When I think back to the days of my childhood …those that were carefree and fun It’s amazing how little things gave me such pleasure …shooting marbles or magnifying the sunIt didn’t take money or the purchase of things …maybe just catching frogs in a jar Or dragging off a box from the shop keeper …to build a house or a carFor money couldn’t buy the kind of enjoyment …that comes from climbing a tree Or watching clouds pass or running through sprinklers …cause all of these fun things were freeIt’s not that I didn’t earn a weekly pocket money …but those 500 paise made life tough Cause down at Mother's choice Toy Store …I’d spend hours looking at all that stuffWhat should I buy, there were so many choices …I stressfully searched far and wide And then finally decided on a 500 paise barbie pouch …with no money left to put inside!Well it didn’t take long to be back outside playing …either jumps or catching or chase And even when there were no kids to play with …I’d take a tin can for a drag.Yes…those were the days that had simple meaning …before life started to complicate things Cause back then the only big problem I had …was a knot that got in my shoe strings.


8 comments:

Rudy said...

Great.. You took me back in time...!! Loved being there.

But life is calling.. where are you..~~

Preanca said...

Thnx Rudy :)Nevr frget tht life will always call u to move frward but it is equally important to cherish what u hv lived to make life more meaningful!!!

You-Know-Me said...

I heard there is jelly-fish which can go back from adulthood to childhood .. do u wish to be a fish dear wish-fairy?

Anonymous said...

i heard thers is a jelly fish which can transform back to childhood from adulthood .. do u wish to be that fish? or u wud like to remain wish fairy?

Preanca said...

Haha.... I would like to remain the Wish Fairy :)

md said...

Nice..i live in dubai far from my parents.i mis them alot alot alot as iam the only one for them.i never expected dat iam going to mis my school days,college life and my friends as well,any how after coming here i came to know wat is life and value of mom dad sisters relatives and time as well.During college days i use to wakeup at 10 or 11 but here early morning 5am then day starts by cooking eating going to office working around 10 hrs then coming back to home etc....just mis them all...there is lot to write but i dnt want to bore u people..past is past...anyways thanks for sharing ur life becoz of u now i gona remebered my days..tc..bye..good to have a friend like u.....

md said...

all is i miss my school days,college days alot here..but not more than my parents,sisters....i mis my mom chapati..dal...etc..

Nishanth said...

Awesomazing!! :)